Hello From San Diego

Jun 16, 2016
Carlsbad/CA
Hello to All
My name is Stu and we just finished adding a pool to our house. Its a freeform pool approximately 40 long, 24 wide and 8 deep. I have never owned a pool before so I am new to the community and am looking for any help I can get. Down the road I would like to maintain my pool on my own.
Regards to All
stu

Welcome to TFP and congratulations on a your new pool! There are a lot of folks here to help but may I suggest that you help them by going to the home page and start with reading Getting Started. There will be a wealth of information such as Pool School, Pool Math, etc. We were new pool owners as well and didn't have a clue as to what to do with a pool so I just spent an evening getting familiar with all the "pool jargon" so if someone made a recommendation, I would have a basic understanding of what they were referring to. One other thing I would recommend is to not go to the pool store to get your water tested. Their results may not be as reliable and as we say in the south "they have a dog in the hunt." They are trying to help but will sell you a boatload of expensive stuff that you don't need. Purchase a good test kit like the TF-100 so you can learn to take care of your own pool or if you don't service it yourself, at least have a handle on it.

1. Order your test kit

2. Read Pool School

3. Add your pool profile to your signature.

4. Post results as soon as you have your test kit.

5. Be sure you have some bleach and CYA in your pool. (You will find what that is in Pool School ;))

6. Enjoy your pool!