Winter cover solutions

May 17, 2016
StauntonVa
Hi all!
Looking for some input on types and makes of winter covers. We currently have a Meyco cover that attaches with anchors into the pool deck concrete. It's fine I suppose. It came with our house and pool so I haven't a clue how old it is. I am not opposed to getting the same type again other than the local supplier is horrid to work with and I'd prefer to not give them the business.
I suppose my pool would be considered freeform. It's like a Grecian T shape. We live in VA so the pool is covered 7ish months a year. The cover will need to hold up to the weight of snow, ice etc.
Any input would be much ch appreciated!

Rectangular pools are obviously easiest and can easily accommodate an automatic cover. They're expensive, but worth it in the long run. Irregularly shaped pools can use automatic but not without some difficult compromise (deck-mounted tracks).

What you have is likely the best solution for your irregular pool. They come in a number of grades and types (solid/mesh) at a broad range of pricing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.