Pool Gallon Help Please?

I have been running Heyward Aqua Rite for 5 years and cell, a T-9, went bad and got knew one off Amazon. I knew salt reading would be high as like most have done kept adding salt but figured 4,000 at most but was 7,000. Basically have refilled pool over weekend to get to under 3,600 and run. I found the specs to my pool and it does not look like it is even 15K or if so definitely no where close to 25K. Weird thing been buying pool supplies from Leslies based on 25K and no problems until now. Builder told me 25, he is in jail now for ripping people off and not finishing pools, so cannot contact him! Anyway, based on these specs could someone tell me the gallon size. Hard because of slopes and Oval part (it is three feet in that part then slopes down to the 5 foot). Thanks in advance. Tim aka Vol For Life

Pool Specs.jpg

Using a pool calculator with a shallow end set at 3' 4" and deep end set to 5' I get 10,870 for the main part of the pool. Then I set the calculator to circular pool with a 5' radius and depth of 4' and I get 2356. (I am guessing the 3'10 1/4 notes near the top of the circle is the depth) if it is not you will want to redo that part at the depth of the circular part.
Total 13,266
If you have one of the recommended test kits you can use the FAS/DPD test, liquid bleach and the PoolMath link at the top of the page to confirm the volume you do this by first setting the suspected volume in PoolMath then you do a FC test and put the results in the "NOW" field, next you set the Target field to some higher level say 1PPM more. Add the amount of bleach it tells you to with the pump running and test again in about 30 to 45 min if your level increases by the amount suspected you must be near the correct volume. Do the test a few times to be sure you can even do it with pH although that is a little more subjective. If the results are off you can keep adjusting the volume till the results are near what is expected.

Thank you. I got the same thing for main rectangular section. However, the circular section and rest of that section leading to drop off to 5 is actually only 3 feet. Gets a little tricky with slopes as they drop pretty quickly so about 4 feet in middle down to 5 feet floor. Just strange been running the chlorine generator for 25k with T-9 since built and getting pool tested at 25 and all has been well until this. I take it the 25K system is fine even if under 15K. Thanks again, I will try your test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.