Chemical Balance After Squirrels Walked the Plank

Hey all,

I'll first start off and say I'm not sure where to put this so if the mods need to move it that's fine.

So my wife and I returned home from work yesterday to find a few dead baby squirrels in our pool. My only guess is that during a brief thunderstorm yesterday, they were blown out of their nest in a nearby oak tree. Any who, I'm wondering if I need to do anything regarding adding extra chemicals to sanitize the water. It doesn't appear that the squirrels were in there for very long and a water test a while after we scooped them out showed all numbers within acceptable levels. I apologize if this is a dumb question, in all my research on this site, I've never come across a thread dealing with dead animals in the pool.

Thanks!

If you feel squeamish, boost the FC to shock level.

I've fished lizards and a rat and a dead possum out of my pool. A little extra bleach and forget about it.

Thanks! Yeah (at the risk of TMI) none of the innards had leaked out and the bodies seemed intact so I wasn't too too worried about it (the wife is probably more squeamish than me). I'll up the FC a bit this weekend and let it ride.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.