SWG reading Low Salt when I know that not to be the case

Jul 10, 2013
Northern Howell, NJ
It's a Hayward Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 system with the T-Cell-15 cell.

Question is: Does reading a lower salt level on the computer than what is actually in the pool indicative of a cell going bad or does it just die in one shot? I can still make Chlorine, but I had to raise the salt level significantly to let the cell "think" I am in the right range.

The first thing to check is to make sure the cell is clean of scale.

If it is clean of scale then there is a good chance the cell is starting to wear out if the salinity readout is significantly lower than the actual number.

Leslie's usually have testers for Hayward cells if there is one by you.

Good call. I had it tested and it failed. It doesn't say why it failed. The result is either a pass or a fail. No in between. New cell ordered (online company) and is on it's way. I got 6 full seasons with the original genuine T-Cell-15. I only got 4 from the after market replacement (CompuPool). Needless to say I spent a little more this time and got the genuine again. The CompuPool was a cool design because you can see through the cell and see the chlorine gas being produced. But if the life isn't as good, not worth it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.