Is this a jet or an accessory attachment?

dott

May 29, 2016
Parkesburg, pa
Just bought house end of March was told the inground pool was opened and closed by a pool company and worked. This has no water coming from it. Is located at same level as top of skimmer box. I did try to snake it to see and hit mud. Also one skimmer not working. I see that there is a second plug in skimmer it is in from my of the open skimmer pipe I have read this is normal and not to open it. Other side has same plug. The pool has one other working jet from what I can tell so far....ripped cover looked like a swamp but with lots of shock and vacuuming and leaf net getting there. It also has a jet located on the same side of the pool as the non working skimmer but this sucks water. I am getting a cover for it as it doesn't have one.image.jpgimage.jpg
FYI I plugged it since nothing is coming out of it and when I snaked it I hit mud

Hi dott,
Welcome to TFP!

If you're talking about the fitting on the tile line, that is most likely an overflow. It's to high on the wall to really be anything else. It lets water drain when you get a lot of rain. You should find where it goes, and clear the line of mud so it can work properly. OTherwise, you'll have to pump water from the pool when it gets too high.

The plugs in the skimmers are there to connect main drain line to. It may be that you dont have a main drain, (they arent a requirement), or it's plumbed directly to the equipment pad.

Thanks for the reply! Still trying to unblock the skimmer. Also the ladders and stair rails were missing so I ordered them. However when the pool started to clear I realized the sides slope. As in the walls slope down to depth of pool. There are the posts in the cement deck where some sort of ladder must have been attached previously. Is there a specific ladder/walk out for this. Would be located on deep end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.