Emptied drinking water bottle for pool water sample, could that effect the results?

If your bottled drinking water has metals in it, then you need to find a different brand....

The short answer is....no.

Rinsing the bottle with pool water from 18-24 inches below the surface, then filling it from the same depth will yield best results possible. Be sure to keep the bottle shielded from the sun and not heated above room temperature. Take the sample immediately before departing straight to the testing location. Lastly, if the pool store is more than 15 minutes from your house, the already unreliable pool store testing becomes even less reliable for FC.

Congrats on your new test kit! I'm guessing you ordered the k2006 which is now sold and shipped by Amazon now! If so, please post the soonest expiration date of the chemicals you get because if it is fresh enough I have a friend that needs to order one too. Thank you!

My T2006 arrived today from Amazon I just got home from work so can't try it until tomorrow. Can anyone suggest some good videos for me to watch to learn how to use the kit and all of its components.

Also the expiry date on the majority of the chemicals is 04/18, except the DPD powder, and the FAS-DPD Titrating Reagent which is 07/17. So it looks like Amazon is shipping fresh kits, and not last years kits that didn't sell.

This one shows FC & CC using FAS-DPD as well as the CYA. Both tests are the same for your k2006 I believe. Bottles may be shaped/colored differently, but the Reagent numbers should be the same. The directions booklet that come with the k2006 is pretty awesome. The blue test kit box also has the bare bones instructions on the inside top lid too. Be warned - the k2006's directions have you use larger water sample sizes than TFP generally suggests for healthy pools since the increased accuracy at increased cost isn't always worth it. You can learn more tips like this from the TFP Extended test kit directions (amazingly awesome page).

Taylor also has an online demo video, but it might leave you wanting a little more. If that is the case, read on at your own risk...

I did not watch this, but here is another video from a non-TFP source on how to use the k2006.

Thank you for posting the dates!!! Very kind of you, and that does sound fresh.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.