Starting Up With Salt

Issues, issues, issues .....

We installed the new pump with sand filter on Saturday and ran it for 24+ hours. Everything was fine on Monday. I ran it Monday night and went out Tuesday morning to switch it to run on the timer. When I turned it off and turned on the timer switch it would not pull water. I back washed and a lot of rusty water came out (we have had an iron issue). After the water cleared I rinsed and restarted the pump on the timer. All was good. I went out this morning shortly after the pump came on (via timer) and the pump was running, but not pulling water. I back washed again. Water was clear from the beginning. Rinsed and started the pump on the timer. All was good. Any thoughts on why the pump is not pulling water when it is turned on either via timer or manually after being turned off?

Also, the pump/sand filter is putting a small amount of sand into the pool. It is not terrible, easy to vacuum, but it just doesn't seem exactly right??:brickwall:

Issues, issues, issues .....

We installed the new pump with sand filter on Saturday and ran it for 24+ hours. Everything was fine on Monday. I ran it Monday night and went out Tuesday morning to switch it to run on the timer. When I turned it off and turned on the timer switch it would not pull water. I back washed and a lot of rusty water came out (we have had an iron issue). After the water cleared I rinsed and restarted the pump on the timer. All was good. I went out this morning shortly after the pump came on (via timer) and the pump was running, but not pulling water. I back washed again. Water was clear from the beginning. Rinsed and started the pump on the timer. All was good. Any thoughts on why the pump is not pulling water when it is turned on either via timer or manually after being turned off?

Also, the pump/sand filter is putting a small amount of sand into the pool. It is not terrible, easy to vacuum, but it just doesn't seem exactly right??:brickwall:

What brand of pool sand did you put in your filter? I ask because I used Quikrete brand sand and have this issue. I have read that brand may have had some batches that the sand particles that are too small. I am going to change my sand out this weekend and see if it fixes it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.