pool pump replacement questions

May 28, 2016
Malta, IL
This past week I was out of town and when I came home, I realized my pump wasn't working. After some inspection, turns out, it's an electrical issue with pump so I decided to just replace the whole pump. I was just going to replace the motor, but the whole unit isn't that much more and is quicker to replace the whole thing than just the motor.

Anyways, I'm having trouble finding a good replacement. The one I have is obsolete and every website I go to gives a different replacement. I'm guessing that as long as I keep the same specs from the previous pump (HP, RPM, etc..), I can make any of them work but I want as easy of a replacement as possible. I attached some pictures as well.

What I currently have: Model of unit is a PLM100. Model of pump is a sta-rite JWPA5E7L-2A1. 3450 RPM, S.F. = 1.0, Max Amps = 12, HP = 1, 60 Hz, 1 PH, 115V.

The one I'm looking at is a Hayward SP1580 Power-Flo LX series 1HP. Seemed like it would just plug and play with minimum plumbing issues.

It looks like the same mounting as my current pump (i.e. the plate on bottom of motor that "snaps" into my filter unit) I think it's called a 48Y frame?

Also, is there a more efficient version I can install that will cut down on my electric bill?

Any help would be awesome! Thanks in advance

DaveIMG_3674.jpgIMG_3675.jpgIMG_3677.jpgIMG_3680.jpgIMG_3682.jpg

Is your pool inground or above ground ? That Powerflo LX pump is only for an above ground pool.

Something comparable that might save you money - look at the Pentair Dynamo, which is also available in a 2 speed model.

Pentair Dynamo Above-Ground 2-speed Pump Without Cord - 115 Volt

You can also look at other inground pumps - they will work equally well for above ground pools - but you'll probably want something that can do 115V, or you will need to figure out how to get 220V to your pump area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.