Possible Leak

May 27, 2016
Shepherdsville
I filled my pool about half way up the skimmer the other night and the next day noticed that the water went down below the return jet, but seems to level out at that point. I have also now noticed condensation around at least half the pool about halfway up. The bottom of the pool wall is also rusting below the return jet, which at first thought was due to a persistent hose leak but now believe maybe I have a leak at the return jet between the liner and the pool wall. Is this possible? What are the solutions and how do I diagnose? Should I contact somebody to do it? I really need to get my pool going quickly (really wanted to be Sunday but not sure if that is possible).

My pool is a 24 foot diameter above ground pool that is 4 foot tall.

Thanks!
Jesse Moore

P.S. I have been following this website and have used it numerous times for help from other posts, but this is my first actual post. Thanks in advance for anyone able to help.

Leaks can be very hard to diagnose. Have you tried leaving a bucket of water beside the pool and measuring the loss in it just to compare to your pool loss? You can try a few drops of blue food dye right where you suspect the leak is and see if your suspected leak "sucks up" the dye. Good luck!

I know the water loss is much more than it should be after 3 years of taking care of this pool, plus I had actually filled it up underneath the tarp (that was removed tonight), so there should not have been any evaporation. The blue dye idea sounds good though. May have to give that a try.

Put in your Sig where Shepardsville is (st) we'll need it for future advice.

You don't say how many inches your pool leaked down but you do say you know it is a leak.....Fair enough.

Let it leak down until it stops and that is the level of your leak. Tell us the nature of the leak and we'll have some ideas on how to fix it. You have to pinpoint the leak first for us to help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.