Use of heater while Ascorbic Acid still in the water

Did you do the AA treatment with heater in the loop?

Typically you do not want to run AA through a heater because it will etch the metal in the exchanger. If you have a heat pump with a titanium heat exchanger, then it's not a problem but a copper or cupronickel exchanger in a gas heater is not a good idea.

No, the water is not running through the heater. I have an electric heater - and a Sta-rite system 3 modular media filter. I just did the ascorbic acid for the second time because the first (12 pounds - for my 38,000 gallon pool) did not take out all the stains. But the water is too cloudy to see whether the stains are now out (I did it about 15 minutes ago). The PH is at 7.2, FC and TC 0, Alkilinity high at 180 and Total Hardness high at 250.

on the test At what point can I start running the water through the heater? There is no FC but the total chlorine is between 1 and 3. I live in NW CT and usually swim all through May and June with the heater but I've lost May and 1/2 of June and am anxious to get it. The water temp is only 69.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.