So I started taking care of my own pool this season and with the help of pool school and a good tester i thought i had a good grasp on taking care of it. Here are my current numbers
All the numbers look great and my chlorine loss from evening to evening has been averaging about 3ppm. CC has been consistently .5 or 0. I usually add about 4.5cups of chlorine each evening and that bumps it up to 9ppm.
So what i have is either dirt getting on the pool surfaces all of the sudden or algae. When i brush i get a cloud of stuff which I cannot tell if it is white or white with a green tint to it. Pool was bit cloudy yesterday as we got hammered by rain.
I first thought maybe my cya reading was wrong causing me to keep my chlorine lever low. I just retested by cya and feel pretty confident that its 60-70. So in a situation like this do you assume it is alge and shock? Water clairty during the day today wasn't pristine but it sure wasn't cloudy either.