SoCal Pool Renovation for Summer 2016

That is an absolutely freakin' cool picture! It looks Photo-Shopped!

Congrats on water!

Water has been in for couple days, and the brushing has begun. Fired up my pump yesterday, and cleaned the DE filter before, but there is some DE intermittenly shooting into the pool. With the midnight blue, this is made even more obvious. I didn't see any tears in the grids on the Filter, but do you guys think I should replace the grids? Its not a constant shooting, but enough that its quite noticeable in the pool and spa. . . .

The only way DE can get into the pool is a tear in the grid. You might have to replace the grid.

I have midnight blue, but in mini-pebble. I also think it's lighter than I originally thought it would be based on pics. I love it but wish it was just a shade darker. And of course, the lighting makes a huge difference in how dark the water looks. I had some mottling and some is still there but it doesn't really bother me, some mottling is to be expected with pebble, not sure about Quartzscape tho.

Thanx, it seems like it only spits some plastic shards (?) and DE briefly on startup. The white plastic items looks like pieces of PVC or some plaster flake from the prior plaster before resurfacing. Filtering has definitely cleaned up the water, but there's also extra DE and the plastic shards in the pool as well. Waffling on just replacing the grids of the filter, once running they seem fine, but the sediment spit-out has happened on startup 2 days in a row.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.