Thank you TFP

AimeeH

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Apr 2, 2012
Columbia SC
I just want to say again how much I appreciate this site.

Today hubby and I replaced the motor on our Hayward pump. This is something we would not thought of as a DIY project had it not been from the empowering we get from this site. Hubby knows nothing about the chemistry of our pool. I don't think he even knows how to manually vacuum. I take care of all of that. But pump quit this week (right after successful slam btw). We had a couple of choices. Ranging from $1600-300. Obviously that includes the DIY estimate. We went that route. The DIY route.

I never would have had the confidence to go the DIY route on replacing motor if it weren't for what this forum has given me.

We did it. WOOHOO new motor is on and pumping and quiet.

I found this site shortly after our build in 2011. I'm so grateful. We spent about $350 on a new motor. While we were working together to instal it, I said to my husband "if we fail, we've just invested $350 in a pool plumbing class "

So far so good. On to the chemistry after losing 6 inches.

Thanks TFP

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.