Pool Builders: Why Do You Over Promise, Under Deliver and Fail To Communicate?

It just flashed across my mind that a PB might post on this forum, "Customers, why do you misunderstand everything I say, etc. etc.?? I guess we have to tolerate a lot of what they do.....they, as a whole, are probably not good communicators

I think it takes a sharp owner to make the deal work but it takes an equally sharp PB to keep his customer "on track" by communicating.....they don't seem to do well at that.

What applies to pool builders applies to all industries. Create a perception that makes the customer feels important and valued. Reponse to questions and concerns, deliver what is promised and be fair and keep communication open when issues do occur.

There are some excellent builders out there. Unfortunatly there are some very bad ones.

The great this about this forum is that it allows us "customers" to share information and only work with the great ones.

I found my builder from this site. My pool is in the process of being built, but so far the builder has been OUTSTANDING to work with.

Way too general. Nice and communicative doesn't always mean skilled and capable. I used to deal with contractors for a living and the vast majority of them were difficult to deal and communicate with. The ones that weren't had the most resources and were generally at the top of the bids as a result. If you want to find the "sweet spot" of not paying through the nose but getting good work then there's always some amount of compromise. My pool guy is kind of a Richard, but his workers are great and conscientious.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.