Original Equipment Aquapure 1400 Purelink Code 170

wayden1

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Need some help with the experts on this great site. Pulled a code 170 a couple of weeks back and lost all chlorine generation. Have researched this on the forums and did the recommended electrical testing that I was able to find. Here is what the testing showed:

Transformer Voltage Back Board:
Test Points 1 & 8: 78.9
Test Points 2 & 7: 70.2
Test Points 3 & 6: 20.9

Cell Current & Voltage Back Board
Test Points 4 & 5: 0 (zero)
Cell Voltage Test Points (connectors): 10

Voltage Front Board
Test Points A & C: 20

Cell Current Front Board
Test Points H & K: 0 (zero)

My assumption is that the transformer is bad but want to be sure before purchasing. Can anyone confirm this and also let me know how hard it is to replace, I am fairly mechanical and above average with electrical so as long as it is not very difficult I should be able to do this myself.

Need help asap, have a July 4 blowout planned and need the pool not green.

Thanks in advance!

I may just get a new sensor and try it, they aren't that expensive and the one I have will eventually give out so won't be out anything if it doesn't work.

Thanks for all the input will search to see who has the new version and good price.

How do I tell what the new version of the sensor is - would it be B version? Looking online most listings do not designate what version they have. It also looks like there are some sensors with only two metal sensors showing in cap while the one I have has three (which I am replacing).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.