Jandy Aqualink RS remote system no longer turns on heater or pool/spa lights

AaronGo

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 8, 2011
Houston, Texas
I have a Jandy Aqualink RS system with the Jandy PDA remote. I have two LED lights in the pool and one LED light in the spa. I also have a Jandy heater. Last season the remote would properly turn on and control the heater and the LED lights. Fast forward to now and the remote does not control any of these. However, I can control the pump via the remote without any issues. I am not sure where to begin other than contact Jandy for tech support. Nothing has changed from last season to now in terms of equipment, etc. It's the same equipment that was installed ~4 years ago.

Any help on how to diagnose would be greatly appreciated.

A few other bits of info:

1. I can turn on the heater for both the pool and spa directly at the heater control panel.

2. I cannot turn on any of the lights from the Jandy Aqualink control panel. The pool lights are on AUX1 and the spa light is on AUX2

3. Here is an album with pics of the Aqualink control panel and the PDA remote: Jandy - Album on Imgur

When I turn on the heater at the heater panel, it is NOT turned on at the Jandy remote. To be clear, if I turn the heater on at the heater control panel, nothing changes on the remote screen to indicate it's turned on (even though it is). If I turn the heater on via the remote, nothing happens on the heater control panel.

I checked the outlet that is tied to the Aqualink control panel and it has no power. The breaker dedicated to the pool lighting in my main breaker panel is fine. So this tells me there is an issue with the power supply either inside the Aqualink panel or somewhere else. If there was a short then I would expect the main lighting breaker to pop. I am not sure if that affects the lighting, the heater control or both (or neither). Only one thing to do and that's pull the panel cover and look.

So a quick update. The pool/spa lights were not turning on due to a bad GFCI outlet, which has been resolved.

As for the heater, I still cannot turn the heater on via the Jandy remote unless I go to the heater and turn it on so that the remote is enabled. I never had to do that in the past. So it looks like I need to call Jandy.

To provide a more detailed summary, the Jandy heater has 2 buttons for the pool and 2 for the spa, as well as a "Menu" button. Using the pool buttons as an example, the left button turns on the heater from the standpoint that the remote can control the temp and whether the heater is on/off. But I have to press that button for the remote to have any control over the heater. If I wanted to change over to spa heater mode, then I'd have to press the left button for the spa. So as of right now I have to go to the heater to allow the remote and the heater to communicate with one another.

One more update. The heater issue was due to user error. I had to have the "Pool" button turned on ALL the time on the heater control panel for the remote to properly control the heater. I must have turned turned that button off at some point thinking it did not need to remain on all the time. So that was an easy fix.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.