a few question re: my pool

Have you been backwashing the filter regularly? What does the backwash water look like, is it very dirty?

It would be a huge help if you had a FAS-DPD chlorine test. That is the only way you can be sure all of the algae is dead when the water isn't clearing up. You could easily be using way too little, or way to much, chlorine with your current test. The FAS-DPD test will more than pay for it's self in saved chemicals.

Yes, I have been backwashing regularly. The water seems quite dirty. I will see if my pool store carries the fas-dpd or whatever (I can't see you post while I'm typing) it's called and get one today. I spend more time every spring on this pool than I think it's worth. I went through this same thing last year, water kept testing "perfect" at the pool store but was super cloudy. I think it was flock that finally cleared it up,but I already tried that earlier this week and it didn't do one tiny bit of good. Last spring I decided I was going to pay the PS to come "open" the pool this year to save the headaches, but I thought with TFP, I would have more luck than in the past. Ugh.

BBB, and the methods advocating on TFP, work because users most often get the correct test kit so that they have reliable test results, allowing them to take control of their pool. Pool Stores are not reliable, nor are strips.

You will not be able to get the FAS-DPD test in stores, you can order it seperately from TFTestkits.net or Taylor's website.

Without it you will continue to guess, and will have the same problem over and over.

where do you live? I took back my leslie's brand taylor k-2006 if you happen to live in lakeland. you could order it from leslies website also, but I wouldn't recommend it. (mine took something like 14 days to arrive. while I was waiting I ordered the tftestkits.net tf100 and got it in 2 days. shipping was expensive, but I suppose there is a higher quantity of reagents, which is good.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.