need help on pipe size old pool

May 8, 2016
fl
Hey guys i have a old pool that had a leak in the return line right next to the so i cut the deck and fix the problem but my pump still get air bubble the leak detection company said it was only the return with the leak my old pool had a 1 1/4 from the filter run clost and split with a T down to 2 one inch going into the pool i was goin to run two 1 1/4" back to pump will that help or should i just drill a new hold in pool and put a 1 1/2"

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: If I'm reading your problem correctly, you had a leak detection company make a repair on the return side, but now you are seeing an air bubble(s) at the pump correct? If that's the case, you probably have a suction-side air leak that's letting a small amount of air into the line from the poolside skimmer/main drain to the pump strainer basket. I would recommend reviewing the Pool School - Suction Side Air Leaks page for some ways to resolve that issue. Good luck, and have a nice day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.