Chemistry Help Post-RePlaster

Tnrboy

Feb 8, 2015
Pearland
Hello.

Thanks in advance for all of your time!
We just had our pool replastered on February 11th and then an acid bath performed on April 4th, which took about 4 days. The PB just put salt in the pool and now it is up to us bring the levels back within spec.

FC : "Hi" (10+)
TC : "Hi" (10+)
pH : 7.4
TA : 59
CH : 250
CY A : not measured
Salt : not measure

My test kit is the LaMotte ColorQ Pro 7. The SWG is out of service (Our PB hasn't plugged it back in yet, not sure why). They have been dropping several chlorine tablets in the skimmers to raise the chlorine. I think there are just barely 3 left in one and 2 in the other.

As you can see in my signature, we are using the Omnilogic w SWG. The Omnilogic installation manual suggests the following levels...

FC : 1-3
pH : 7.2-7.8
CY A : 30-50 (Target of 40)
TA : 80-120
CH : 200-400

TFP suggests the following levels...
FC: 3-5
pH: 7.6-7.8
TA: 60-80
CH : 350 to 450
CY A: 70-80

Why are the values so different?? Sorry if I am asking a question that has already been asked.

What thoughts / suggestions do you all have for my pool?

Here is what we recommend for a saltwater pool, Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs

TFP recommendations are based on science, personal experience of dozens of contributing members and the real world experience and feedback from thousands of member's pools. We are continuously using our own pools to test and tweak our practices and recommendations.

The pool industry is based in old science that does not take the relationship between chlorine and CYA into account. I do know that Pentair has made changes in the last couple of years that are more in line with TFP and some pool stores are starting to as well. They are recommending draining to lower CYA when it gets above 100.

Read here and it will become clear that the pool store's theory does not work well and TFP works great. You basically need to choose one or the other and see how it turns out.

Start here to manage your pool TFP style, Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Please update your location in your profile to include your state, climate is an important factor when we help you with your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.