Jet-stream / je- swim questions

Linn

Apr 19, 2016
California
Hi ! As I mentioned in my introduction our pool was initially built by a previous owner who never came to complete it as he unfortunately got medical problems and passed away. He'd built the pool shell, bought most of the equipment and started installing a few things, but leaving many things unfinished. And with him gone there was npbody to ask about how things were planned. One of the things he'd started on was a jet-stream system, or jet-swim as I've seen them called as well. The thing that makes me wonder is the sheer size of those items invlved. The pump unit itself has a total power of 30 hp ! The system has a 4 inch suction line and 3 1/2 inch on the pressure side, leading back to two return nozzles that are each like an inch in diameter. Below them is another inlet pipe, connected to an airpump and obviously intended to mix air into the stream. As the system was never completed we haven't had a chance to test it but does it sound like something that would work. Or was the man who built it totally off the track ?

Well it seems like nobody knows much about this issue. I can mention that the previous owner got the chemical automation system for our pool second hand, it had been used for a much bigger pool. Possibly it could be so with this sytem as well, given how big the pumps are (it's two pumps of 15 hp each). But doesn't jet-stream work better the bigger the pump is ? I know one family who bought a fairly small such system (I Think it was 3 hp) and they found it too weak to give them any exercise. But might this get way too much ? It's of course possible to use only one of the two pumps, maybe that would be a good option.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.