East Mesa, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Thanks for your help (avoid the sections with dashes/code blocks if you don't like reading :D),

TL;DR Pump ran dry, hardly made half the pressure once pool filled so I put a new go kit in. Motor switch that contacts the rotating/centrifugal switch was making intermittent contact and magic smoke came out! I'm debating single vs 2 speed vs variable motors or a new pump altogether.

Code:
----------Back Story------
Part of the fence came down in a storm, snapped the PVC connection to the push-pull valve and caused over 60% of the pool to be drained and the skimmer to run dry while we were on vacation.
 Came back to the pump running dry as it lost prime :o  Got the pool filled up and the leak fixed, had some seeping at the push pull valve and used Water-Weld, I'll let you all know how long it lasts. 

The pump barely pumped 5 psi when it's usually 12-20 and there was air being introduced. I put all new seals in the pump and for the brief time I ran it, it looked good. Unfortunately, the motor is shot. 
I had to take apart the motor to get the impeller off. The motor was a rebuild that the home warranty company used from a reputable local shop. 
However, it was missing a through bolt and the switches seem cheap (it's a rebuilt Emerson). My old motor was a Centurion PAC-FAB and seemed better built before the bearings went 2 years ago.
 The impeller looks good to me, but there is one minor chip at the end of one of the water ways. 
I put the motor back on, the rotating switch seemed fine and the shaft moved, when I went to start the motor it wouldn't turn.
 I switched it off, then turned it back on and jumped the contact the rotating switch used until it got up to speed. 
To my dismay the  contact the rotating governor hits wasn't making contact all the time, so smoke started coming out all over the motor.

I can't find any diagram of the Emerson assembly or rotating switch and it seems it's in the right spot. 
The plastic arm broke and flew off  and at this point I think the switch is shot and the governor probably needs replacing too. 
So, for the cost of at least those parts ($60 + $20) I can get a new rebuilt motor ($80-$125). 
----------End Back Story------

Options:
1. Rebuilt/New single speed pump (1hp 1.65SF?) ($80- $210 new)
2. New 2 speed pump ($208-$270)
3. New Variable speed ($399)
4. New pump (Superflow, Whisperflo 2spd, Superflow VS) $100 rebate ($400+)

I'm wondering what you think is best? I only have ~$18 in the pump so far and it appeared to work when I briefly ran it, but without a working motor I can't verify. I'm not sure if 2 speed will work with in-floor cleaning and I'm unsure of the difference in pumps (Superflow vs Whisperflo) and if I could get by with a 3/4 or smaller pump.

Code:
----------Pool Info------
 I need help with the SF on the motor (attached the old motor's screenshot) and lost the picture I had of the “new” rebuilt motor's data. So, any help there is greatly appreciated.
 The pool has been estimated at 15K, but the math is closer to 10-12K. 
The pump is controlled by a single Intermatic analog timer and is a Pentair Ultra-flow feeding 2” PVC to a TR100 sand filter then a Hayward AQR15 Salt Cl generator and reduces to 
1.5” right at the A&A 5 port quick cleaning system with no way to bypass. Suction side has a leaf canister and appears to be 2" but not sure. There is one skimmer, two main drains, one aerator valve, 
one quick-skim valve and one deck chlorinator valve. I'm not sure if the Ultraflow is uprated or fullflow ,the model number was faded/scratched out when I bought the house. 
The pool was built in 98, so the pump is probably that old. We have $100 rebate on variable speed pumps (not motors) and by law it has to be 2 speed and up if new. 
Not sure if the 2 speed makes sense with the in-floor cleaning. Electricity here is 7.47 cents per kWh to 8.47 cents in the summer. 
Pool/Pump runs year round, winter 2-4hrs and summer 4-6hrs rarely 8hrs. 
----------End Pool Info------

Thanks in advance!

Looking at a posts and the debate over 2 speed versus variable for in-floor cleaning, I saw something by mas985.

I was wondering if installing a 1/2 hp impeller and a 3/4 hp motor would work for my pool?
B2980 - Buy AO Smith Pool and Spa Pump motor - $233.00
and
Ultra-Flow Pump Pentair Impeller 1/2 HP 39005600 V38-122- Ultra-Flow Pump - 39005600- Pool Products- MyPoolYard.com

not sure why my current pump is 1hp, other than the in-floor cleaning which I can't bypass, but the quick-clean contents are removed right now until I install new gears and I can't say I missed them too much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.