Chlorine once a week

Seaman

Apr 19, 2016
Miami/Florida
Adding Chlorine once a week ?Hi Guys I'm kind of new to this topic , I bought a house not long ago in Miami ,Florida with 16,000 gallons outdoor pool , I hired a guy to take care of my pool , he comes once a week to clean the pool and adding chemicals . The water is always clear , I have been using the pool with not skin problem or burning eyes. It's ok to add chemicals once a week ? . I heard most of the pool guys only do service once a week . Thanks in advance for your help .

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave:, Typically, "some" chemicals get added every day - primarily chlorine which sanitizes the water and keeps it clear. Acid is used quite often as well, along with a variety of other basic products. In short, as long as each chemical is used in its proper dosage, it is fine. Please see the recommended chemicals and levels links below in my sig. Also consider reviewing the Pools School link below so you can compare what is being done to your pool right now. Hopefully you will decide it's not worth it to have someone else do the work for you when you can do it yourself and save some $$$. :) If you have your own test kit, you can also post a full set of numbers and we'll be glad to review them for you.

Nice to have you with us.

Welcome to TFP!

Pool service companies have to manage pools differently from our TFPC method. Pool service companies have their set schedules which is usually once a week and they have to add certain chemicals to make sure the pool stays in shape for the week. Your pool water will see larger swings in the levels of chemicals with a pool service as compared to our TFPC method.

When you want to save some money and know that you have perfect water for swimming you will want to follow our method.

A great place to get started with learning our method is here, ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.