AA treatment has turned my pool brown

Apr 16, 2016
New York
So I have had some metal staining last year. Tested via vit c tablet and it cleared right up.

The pool is topped off via a well that has iron and iron bacteria. I try to avoid it but sometimes there is no other choice.

Opened the pool early last week. Got chlorine down to 0 and added 4lbs AA. Stains at the shallow end were gone. Some remained at the deepend.

Left the chlorine Gen off due to cold water [50c] added Jacks purple stuff and some kemtek algecide.

Returned to check the pool this weekend. Stains had faded at the deepend but returned at shallow. So I added another 4lbs of AA and the pool has turned brown before my eyes. The water itself appear clear at least by the glassfull

Chlorine is still 0 (no chlorine source) but PH has dropped to 6.8 expected due to all the AA but it seemingly had the opposite effect on the staining this time (it kind of lighted a bit in places first. It over the course of not even 2 hrs the whole pool is brown)

Any help or advice great fully received as I am at a complete loss for how to proceed

Thanks

Well I may have answered myself.

I decided to take a look at the filter. As my local pool store had just opened my pool I assumed that it was pretty clean. Full of green gunk. Got a good idea where my iron source is now. And of course adding AA is striping it straight out of the filter back into my pool. Doh!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.