Filter and pump for Sharkline Matrix 24' x 54"

Mar 26, 2016
Beaumont
I'm building a pool package on Pool Supply World with the Sharkline Matrix 24 foot round x 54" high pool. Trying to figure out which pump/filter I need is proving to be tougher than I thought. A few threads I've read make me think what they're offering is on the small side. I tried looking at the hydraulics 101 thread but it is information overload.

Here is what they have in their pool builder.

UffPciR.png

I want to do this right the first time and I have the money to spend on a good filter/pump right now. I'm not stuck on a sand filter so feel free to suggest others. Something I have figured out is you don't want too much power so it looks like a 1 hp motor will suffice and a 2 speed is helpful.

Can I get some suggestions on which pump and filter to buy that Pool Supply World offers?

Hi, welcome to TFP! The problem with the pump/filter packages in your post is that all of these filters are tiny. A 1 hp 2 speed pump will work well for your pool, but you want to pair it with a larger filter than those shown. For a 24' pool I would go with at least a 24" filter (holds about 300lbs of sand). If you can afford to go larger and have the physical space for it on your equipment pad a 30" sand filter would be a good choice. The larger the filter the longer you can go between backwashes.

Thanks for the welcome zea! Yeah I figured they were on the small side, weird that they only show those in their pool builder. So I'll go with a bigger one like you suggested and look for a 1 hp 2 speed pump. A question about that though. In the picture above, the filter and pump are on what looks like a single piece base. Since I'll buy them separate is that going to be a problem? I don't see a base included with either one and unless I'm not looking in the right spot on their website I don't see where I can buy it separate.

You don't have to have 1 mounting base for both pieces, but you can get them from several other retailers. Just google pool pump and filter mounting base and it should pull up a few options. You can also call and ask it they have those available for sale. The filter should come with its own base anyway and you can always put the pump on a concrete or fiberglass equipment pad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.