solar panel glue

gvc

Mar 26, 2010
I have some suntrek solar panels/tubing that came detached from our southwestern style tile roof after a wind storm. the system is 10 years old and all the tubing components are glued to the roof tiles. I am not the original owner so no warranty is applicable to me. I just want to get on the roof to reglue the tubing where it was originally attached. whats the type of mastic/adhesive do I need to use to bond the tubing (synthetic rubber?) to the concrete roof tiles?

You will likely want to use a roofing mastic to reattach it, this is often gooey thick sticky stuff that dispenses with a caulking gun, I used a product by Chemlink called Duralink when I installed my solar panels, however I was installing on a metal roof. In fact I still have 4 or 5 tubes left (bought a 12 pack online, probably broken even vs buying by the tube)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.