Pool recommendation

Feb 14, 2016
Egg Harbor Twp
Re: Pool recommendation and SWG or not?

Hello all! I am new to this site as well (Just joined today). I joined because I am in the same predicament a jeryatrix. I am in the market for an oval pool (approx. 32' x 18') that can be semi submerged approx. 24". A local installer is trying to sell me the Grecian Radiant Pool in those approx. dimensions. Installed soup to nuts with SWG and Hayward pump/filter, I'm looking at like $13,500. According to him, it has a lifetime non-prorated warranty and it will be the ONLY pool I will need for 20+ years. If that's accurate, then I would consider taking the plunge. Another local dealer recommended a Buster Crabbe 30'x15' installed soup to nuts with same SWG, pump, and filter mentioned above for $10 g's.
Ultimately, here is my question. Does anyone recommend any other oval pools that won't break the bank? Thanks all!

Radiant pools are rated for burial. He is right, you'll never buy another pool. Most oval pools cost more than round. If you are bent on burial, check out Dough Boy pools too.

harpnstout - i see you are in egg harbor township - i assume thats NJ? I am north of you in the "more urban" area of Passaic county - 13-14k installed around here is an amazing deal for that pool. I went freeform 16/27 last summer and the cheapest quote I got from a local guy (installed 18" out) was north of your quote by 3-4k - maybe more and that didnt include hard/landscaping.

For comparison, I had a 12x20 Doughboy installed (Long Island) for $10K. This included the pool, filtration, all electrical (bonding and supply to panel in the house with 40 amp 220v for the heat pump, manual disconnects, 120v power for the pump and two courtesy outlets), excavation and removal of dirt, blocks and sand. If going oval, try to look for something that is buttress free and RATED by the company for burial.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.