Testing Tap Water

I have a vague memory that years ago when flying over Death Valley, the pilot announced that from where we were we could see both the highest and lowest points of the 48 State mainland USA. Death Valley was the lowest and I think Mt Whitney was the peak. Interestingly Mt Whitney is only the 11th highest peak in the US - the other 10 all being in Alaska !!!

I'm yet take the history lesson, time challenged at the moment with all the lounging in the pool.:D I did stop into Bunnings and got 1kg of Borax for ants, I'm undecided about adding it to my pool without a test kit for it. I found this site for boric acid for us Aussies but it is powdered and not granulated.

Boric Acid | Get rid of cockroaches and ants fast!

I figured out a dose for a one off addition from Matt's (JoyfulNoise) real would experience. 1kg granulated boric acid per 3350L to get to 50ppm, for me it's 9kgs in 30,000L for 50ppm. If I was to go for it I would under shoot a little by adding only 8kgs but again I don't have a test kit for it.

FWIW I've been trying to break into my filter for the last couple of weeks to see what's going on inside, but to no avail !

I've already broken my strap wrench trying to undo the half union joins and even gentle persuasion with a full sized pipe wrench isn't making any inroads either !!

Maybe someone can help you on this thread!

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. I use the LaMotte tests-strips for borates. Can you get those?

I wrote earlier (maybe another thread - sorry) that I broke my strap wrench trying to to get the unions open.
Then I moved up to a large pipe wrench and even gentle persuasion with that wouldn't budge them and I don't want to damage anything as we have some hot weather for the next few days so I'm leaving it for now.

Vacuumed the remaining dust to waste yesterday and under normal operation the sand doesn't enter through the returns so I'm thinking I might put off the filter inspection until the winter when I have the time to do it properly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.