California People - Where to get my water?

Frank Rizzo

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Nov 13, 2015
Woodland Hills, CA
Im concerned about water cost since our local Los Angeles utility provider will ding my bill pretty hard when I go to fill up my pool. On top of the water cost, they will add a 60% sewer service charge and tax everything on top of that.

How have the locals filled their pool? Do you have the water trucked in or beg the utility to not charge you SSC for the volume of the pool in gallons? Any advice appreciated.

thanks.

I know here in AZ many water utilities will waive the sewer service fee on a NEW pool fill. However, if you drain for a remodel/resurface, then you pay the sewerage fee. Usually you have to provide proof of new construction such as a final payment stub to the PB and a copy of the pool specs that shows the pool volume.

Is your pool a new fill? If so, you may want to call your water utility to find out.

Generally speaking, trucked in water is usually more expensive than municipal water and trucks typically deliver less than 10,000 gallons per truck load due to vehicle weight restrictions on secondary roadways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

I bet you'd be surprised. It isn't all that expensive to fill, and as Matt mentioned, most water companies have special rates for filling pools. I think I figured it cost me less than $200 to fill up my pool.

Regardless, whatever comes out of your tap is going to be less expensive than anything delivered (unless you have a well but that brings a whole new set of issues) .

I know everything is more expensive in CA, I was born and raised in Salinas, CA and still have family there. I just filled my new pool in AZ and it was $180.00 and I will get a credit to my sewer after filling out the proper paperwork.

Hi Frank. I'm in Pasadena and we filled our new pool and spa in October. I was shocked that it only cost us $50!!! We have our water through the city though, not LADWP. Our pool is small, 14'x25', only 5' deep, with a 7' spa. I don't know what that translates to in gallons of water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.