Aqua-rite salt cholrinator has to be reset each morning.

Nov 25, 2014
Los Angeles
I have had the aqua-rite salt chlorinator for about 8 years now...I have replaced the motherboard once...one year ago I started having problems keeping the generator generating chlorine because each morning when the pumps come on the salt reading is 2500 or less. The actual salt reading is 3400. I can reset the salt level on the unit but normally drops down the next day to below 2500. I have been through two different aqua-rite salt cells and now I'm trying a third new cell from another company...no change. Hayward put me through the normal protocol of reading the numbers off of my unit and off of the t-cell. Then asked me to take the cell back to the company on the other side of LA...evidently there is only one or two approved companies to work on or troubleshoot this equipment in LA? Hmmmm. Perhaps there is a better unit out there? I am all about convenience because I travel alot...this issue has become old and does not fit into my schedule any longer. Any help would be great. The salt cell is the T-15 which is the appropriate cell for my pool and the unit is programmed correctly for the T-cell.

Welcome to TFP!

Looks like you need a new cell. The AquaRite SWG is one of the most recommended SWG's around and overall have very few issues.

The motherboard usually does not need to be replaced when it goes bad. There is a current limiter on it that goes bad and for less than $10 you can get the new part and solder it in place. There are many videos on YouTube that shows how to do it. Keep this in mind if the board goes out again. The newest model has fixed this issue.

If you stick with the Hayward T-Cell brand you should get a 3 year warranty for replacement of the cell. Make sure to check the warranty terms on the cell when you buy it. There are some places that only give a 1 year warranty.

Thank you but no the salt cell is good...in fact I now have two because I bought another one from another company when I believed the first salt cell was bad because that is what most believe to be the problem...but not in my case. I have also changed the current limiter when it was cracked about one year ago...I have recently found out since my first posting that there are other aqua-rite owners with the same problem and no one has really been able to solve the issue....people are replacing their salt cells to find out the same problem occurs again...which is what has happened to me. Having the system for about 8 years, this is the first time we have had problems like this...maybe I need an upgraded system? So the salt cell in new, there is no blockage no problems with flow...salt reading with strips is 3500...I can recalibrate the aqua-rite to 3300-3500 but the next morning when the pump comes on the reading is 2100-2500 and so I have to recalibrate again...I need a system that will hold its reading...thanks again. By chance do you know what the latest Aquarite SWG is...maybe I'll buy another mother board and try it before I decide to try a new system.

Have you tried a new cable to the cell and main board?

Bring the cells to a pool shop that can test the T-cells and see if they pass. Leslie's seem to have T-cell testers. You could have gotten bad cells from the start, has been known to happen but doubtful.

If the cells pass and you have tried a new cable then I believe something in the main board is bad and I would replace it.

Post the diagnostic numbers with the unit making chlorine and not making chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.