Silver Supporter
Feb 1, 2015
The Woodlands TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a polaris pressure side cleaner that cleans well enough when everything is clean. The big problem is that my in-hose filter screen clogs extremely quickly. Often times, the filter clogs within one day of cleaning it. Is this common? Is it an indication that something else in the filtering system is not working well?

On a related note, I have read many posts about robotic cleaners. One thing that is encouraging about the Dolphin Nautilus is the claim that it picks up fine particles well, which is the junk that is clogging my filter screen. A drawback seems to be that it does not have a large capacity for leaves. My pool gets a lot of leaves, especially in the fall, though I can help this issue by using my net.

I'm looking for some advice and other experiences. Thanks.

Your polaris is doing what it is supposed to do. It's your water chemistry that is your issue.

I suggest you start by reading "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. You will probably need to SLAM your pool but you need to get a good grip of what is causing your problem (probably algae) so you can go forward

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.