winter pool cover and snow on top

We have had our pool for a year. (in ground, vinyl) Last year we had the pool closed with the previous owners tarp. It was ripped and a huge mess The sand bags leaked and ugg! After discussion with the "pool guy" we purchased a mesh safety cover, which he installed. We just a had about 6 inches of heavy wet snow(WI) and the cover is bowed down, touching the water in the middle. There is no snow there. It doesn't seem right. Do I need to shovel snow from the sides? Could this pull the anchors from the ground?
Thanks for any help you can give me

Hi lcswim, :wave:

Are your anchors in concrete or staked to the ground or deck?

The reason I ask is, We have had a meyco mesh cover for 17 years (replaced it last year) and ours is anchored into the concrete deck. They say a small elephant can walk on it. He can but he will be tail deep in water if he does. :paddle:

Although we don't get as much snow as you (sometimes I wonder though), the cover will sag and it will with stand the strain. With a little sunlight and the water below it will melt and all will be fine. The springs on the cover should pull it back up and be tight again.

If it was installed correctly that is. You may have to tighten the straps some more if the cover isn't snug. It should be hard to pull the straps over the anchors when installing.

Hope that helps, Si :)

Look at my build thread, in my signature, page 6, post 116. Perfectly normal. After it gets colder, the cover will get frozen to the water surface and stay down until it melts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.