Another leaking Hayward filter casing

Nov 4, 2015
Miami, FL
I'm stuck. I have a Hayward Star Clear Plus C1750 filter that was installed before I purchased my house 4 years ago. I'm sure this filter is 10 or so years old. I clean the filter regularly and about a month ago the top half of the filter case, when screwed down, doesn't mount flush with the bottom half of the filter case? As if the threading on the tie rod was misaligned.

So I took the filter out, cleaned out the bottom of the filter case, unscrewed the long tie-rod from the bottom to make sure nothing was in there stopping it from screwing all the way down. Then I replaced the locking knob on the top of the casing. I've attempted to screw down the casing without the filter inside and I get the same result. A leak from the middle where the two halves of the case meet since it won't screw down flat and flush.

Imagine if the filter inside was maybe 1/2 inch too big and lopsided and a healthy amount of water was leaking from the middle of the filter since it couldn't be screwed down tight enough. That what it appears like. Anyone?

Thanks,
Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.