Can I drain my slide by taking plug out?

ned8377

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
Wake Forest, NC
I'm posting this here since this is the area for pipes. I want to keep my pool open this winter but would like to not have to run the slide to keep it from freezing. There is a black plug below the on off valve for the slide and for the other pressure side return jets. It looks like it can be unscrewed but I'm not sure. Since the equipment pad is below the pool I'm thinking that if I unscrew it and the valve is turned off, the water will drain out of the pipe and then all I have to do is keep that valve closed during the winter. Does it unscrew? Thanks!

20151019_165539_zps1dorr6vw.jpg

You have a better view of this plug that we do but I imagine that if it was inserted, it can be taken out. Now as to whether or not it is threaded, I cannot tell. I'm not sure why the slide line would be a good place for a chlorinator but I suppose it could be since it is a return line into your pool.

Even if you drain the line via the black plug and close the valve, you'll still have some water in the pipe below the black plug that would either need sucked or blown out I would think.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.