Maricopa, Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Seems I need to replace my T-15 cell. Getting a continuous low salt reading of 2600. Brought a sample of water to pool supply store, their reading was 4k. I have cleaned the cell and filters recently. This has been going on for about 2 months with a low salt reading. I've added at least 2 bags of salt in that time. Did get the number up to 2900 once but it's back down to 2600. Called Hayward tech support, went through the diagnostics. He recommended getting a new cell. After researching prices for a new T-15 I noticed it's for a 40k gallon pool. My pool is 10k-15k gallon. Can I or should I switch to a lower model of the Hayward or just stick to the T-15 or maybe another brand?

The larger cell will last longer because you are not having to run it at 100% all the time to keep up with demand. It is always a good idea to get a larger cell than needed.

Thanks for the info. The one I have only lasted 4 years. Is that the usual life span of the cell?

I would stick with the 40k cell, the cost savings of downsizing will be minimal, if there is any at all. Living in AZ you are going to get a lot of use out of that cell, definitely stick with the 40k. It will last longer and handle the higher temps more easily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.