getting the right amount of flow to a pool heater after downgrading the impeller

I just read through this thread and did my best to understand it but I still need some help with a similar situation please. On my 24,000 gal pool/spa, I have solar heater panels on the roof. I have a fixed speed Pentair Whisperflo 1.5 hp motor, don't know impeller or pump size (tell me how to find it). Without heater on (panels bypassed), the pressure on the tank is usually about 15 and system works well. Jandy SWG indicates flow and no problem. When the solar is activated and valve turns to shunt through roof panels, tank pressure goes up to 20. Jandy SWG then intermittently shows "no-flow."
I am surmising that going through the solar drops the flow enough that the SWG system doesn't detect flow.
I want to remedy this in the most cost-expeditious way possible. What info do I need to find (and how) and what are my options? I'm not quite understanding all said about how the impeller size works with the motor hp to increase or decrease flow. I'm seeing statements like decreasing impeller size increases flow and so on. A little new at this. I'd appreciate some direction with this.
Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.