Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair UltraFlow Head curve

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair UltraFlow Head curve

Does anyone have head curve for older UltraFlow Pumps ?

Trying to get exact GPM. I have 2 Pentair UltraFlow pumps:

1) 1 HP 1.25 SF
    2) 1.5 HP 1.1 SF

Total head is in 55 ft. range. I am getting wide range of results for different pumps with the same HP (obviously, because the pumping mechanisms are different).

Thanks,
    Igor.
    16K gallons Vinyl Inground with spill-over spa. 1.5 hp Pentair UltraFlow, 26" Pentair Meteor sand filter, Raypak Gas heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair UltraFlow Head curve

I believe that this UltraFlow manual has the curves you are looking for.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks !

I did see this before but do not see 1.25 and 1.65 BHP pumps.
    16K gallons Vinyl Inground with spill-over spa. 1.5 hp Pentair UltraFlow, 26" Pentair Meteor sand filter, Raypak Gas heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

The pumps are shown in the manual based on their advertised HP, which won't be the same as their brake HP. What are the listed HP and service factors (SF) on the two pumps you are trying to look up?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by iskubits
    Trying to get exact GPM. I have 2 Pentair UltraFlow pumps:

1) 1 HP 1.25 SF
    2) 1.5 HP 1.1 SF
    Those should be labled as uprated pumps but there are two flavors, UF & UR. However, head loss will be dependent on the pump HP, SF and model. How did you come to 55 ft. of head? If you don't have direct measurements, you are probably better off using standard plumbing curves.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner

6. Back To Top    #6

Gage shows 15 PSI (* 2.31 + 75% of it comes to 52.55 Ft of head so I rounded it up to 55). This is on a larger pump.

As per my original post pumps are 1.5 HP with SF of 1.1 and 1 HP with SF of 1.25. BHP of 1.65 and 1.25. None of the curves are for these models.

Thanks,
    Igor.

7. Back To Top    #7

Maybe I am missing something obvious again, but how do you know that none of those curves are for the model you have? Pentair doesn't list the brake HP, just the full rated vs up rated distinction. The SF numbers you listed sound like standard up rated motors, which I would imagine match one of the two possible (UF or UR versions) up rated pumps of the corresponding HP (1 or 1.5) in that manual.

8. Back To Top    #8

Jason,

You are right, those are not BHP. I got confused.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
    Igor.

9. Back To Top    #9

Sorry - one more question.

Am I correct assuming Sand Filter adds around 25 ft of head (10 filter and 15 backwash valve) ? It is 26" Pentair Meteor.

Thanks.