Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BBB

1. Back To Top    #1

BBB

I've just added my 11 boxes of borax and 3 1/2 gal. of acid to my 15,000 gal fiberglass pool. I have not checked my ph yet since I'm waiting for my 48 hr. time period. My biggest concern is the LaMotte borate test strips. I live near Roseville and Sacramento Ca. I have called every pool and spa supply store in the area, and some in So. Calif. I cannot locate these test strips. I have found them on one Pool supply web site. I don't mind paying the $9.00 for the strips , but I don't want to spend the other $25.00 for shipping. I have thought about buying $100.00 worth for the free shipping and then go into resale for myself. Is there any other type of industry that uses these strips other than pool owners that have added the borax.Until I can locate the strips I think I can go by the calculator and test my ph. Will that work?
    "Dry Gun" inground, Hayward 6020 D.E.,1/5HP

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: BBB

I have never seen the borate test strips in a store, and they aren't all that easy to find on the web either. However, I do know that you can find them on eBay for a reasonable amount of money delivered, and TF Test Kits also carries them, though they have an order minimum.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: BBB

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    I have never seen the borate test strips in a store
    We sell them at the store I work at!