New Pool Going into winter

Ok... so our pool is wrapping up here in the next week or so I think. Don't have a plaster date just yet but should soon. We are in the DFW area and I wanted to get some advice on CYA/FC going into winter. My guess is we might get a couple weeks in... kids probably a little longer. Pool company will come out to start the pool up and add some CYA... I asked the other day and was told they target around 20ppm as the trichlor pucks have CYA built in. I plan on using trichlor pucks about as long as it takes the startup crew to finish and leave my property. So far I have not been told anything about having to follow certain care directions for warranty.... The pool company does startup and they are done... I'm on my own.
I have my TF-100 kit already... my goal is to maintain the pool manually all winter and look into a Stenner pump in the spring time maybe. So should I target a lower CYA going into winter then add some more in May/June? If so what kind of CYA level should I go for? I continue to read and learn on here all the time and truly impressed by all the knowledge and support you can find. Any other suggestions going into winter?

Thanks,
Chad

wow, sounds like your PB actually has an understanding of CYA! I would target a CYA of 40ppm for now. you can always bump it up in the spring when temps start to rise. if they are giving you trichlor, I would just keep using that until you hit a CYA of 40ppm, and then go to bleach. if its free, use it! better than buying stabilizer separately to get to 40ppm

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.