Added soda ash without diluting = cloudy pool. Help

Thank you Evan for getting righteous on me. Truly. Evan Almighty. Very often I buy chemicals from the stores. I have 2 jobs and 2 kids in school, so I haven't considered the time to do my own testing. Sue me and condemn me. Thanks for nothing.

Thank you Evan for getting righteous on me. Truly. Evan Almighty. Very often I buy chemicals from the stores. I have 2 jobs and 2 kids in school, so I haven't considered the time to do my own testing. Sue me and condemn me. Thanks for nothing.

No offense intended. I'm new to testing. I'm getting faster and faster. It makes you more invested in taking care of the pool, if that makes sense.
The guy at the store, unless he is exceptional, isn't invested in getting accurate results. If you are doing the testing, you will be.

To clarify what pabeader alluded to ... how did they test the chlorine? The OTO yellow color match test? The DPD pink color match test? Or the recommended FAS-DPD chlorine test that uses powder and then counting drops to get the sample back to clear?

When did you add 5 gallons of chlorine? Assuming it was 12.5%, that added 46ppm of FC to you pool. And unless the pool store used the 3rd chlorine test ... they are just guessing and could be telling you there is 0 chlorine when in fact it is very high.

Are you having them test the water daily as is required to maintain your pool following our methods?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.