I give up. White Flag.

Jun 4, 2013
Minnesota
OMG!! This year I swear I cannot catch a break... between green, murky water and hoses not staying connected, to hoses cracking in the middle of the night and draining the pool down to the skimmer, to needing a new liner and having to trim decking boards... I want to give up and throw in the towel. I hate, hate, hate, hate this pool!!! I am seriously considering ripping the whole thing up and burning the deck around it!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO Frustrating!!!!!! :(

Hi Tina,
I dont know if there is a water level alarm available, but have you considered hard plumbing all of the pipes?
I can tell ya, hoses will always eventually fail. It's not hard to do and is relatively inexpensive at probably less than 50 dollars in materials. In the long run, will solve the problems of hoses springing leaks.

just a thought....

I would hard plumb the lines with rigid PVC next spring. It will save many headaches over the life of the pool. Materials are cheap and with some practice, most anyone can do a good job. All that's needed for winterizing hard plumbed piping is to blow out all the water from the lines and add some RV antifreeze to the lines as insurance from expansion cracking. Then blow out antifreeze before starting up in spring.

If you're close enough, I might even consider giving you a hand... :)

I see you have an ABG, if you do you plumbing correctly, you don't even need to blow out lines or fill them with anti freeze. As along as they don't have any dips in them where water can collect, they are self draining.

I have unions on mine right next to my pump/filter. I plug the skimmer and return, remove the pump and filter and put it in the shed, cover the pool, and I am winterized. It freezes in NJ too :)

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.