Pentair dynamo motor bearings

Joelin

May 14, 2015
RedBud,IL
Hi all.
I have a pentair Dynamo 1 hp pump, and the motor is sqalling. Mainly after it's been off for a while and I re-start it and it go's away after it runs awhile. I was wondering if anyone knew if the bearings could be replaced in the motor. I checked to see how much a new motor costs and I might as well by a whole new pump. But if the bearings are replaceable it would save me a bundle! Thanks.

Most generally, the bearings can be replaced. You can do this yourself. You may need to open the motor up to find the bearing stock numbers if you can't find that info in other ways.

While you are searching for the bearings, you should also look for a seal kit for your pump. Cheap insurance to replace the seal and o-rings while you have the pump apart.

The bearings can be replaced and as Charlie said it's a very good idea to go ahead and replace the shaft seal.
I believe that the bearings are #6203 on both ends. You probably want to check to be sure.
The shaft seal should be a PS-200.

Most pool stores should have the bearings and seal in stock. You can also find them at most bearing supply houses.

Thanks to everyone. I was hoping that was the case. Where I work we replace motor bearings alot. just some electric motors are sealed and was hoping someone knew before I tore it apart for no reason. Also thanks for the tip on the seals. Didn't think of that.
By the way rambler. Where in alabama are you from. I have kin around the Foley, Gulf Shores area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.