My Loop-Loc cover quote seems VERY expensive - reality check please

tre

Dec 4, 2007
Barrington, IL
I'm an owner of a new 800 square foot free form IG pool. We'd like to purchase a custom safety cover for the winter. The PB quoted us the following for a Loop-Loc brand custom cover:

$6,509.52 for mesh
$7,520.40 for solid with drain panels
$7,548.48 for solid (does not include pump)

This includes 8% tax, $150 delivery charge, and $750 installation charge.
Also included is 52 of the 9" pipes with brass anchors and 52 stainless steel springs and all necessary hardware.
These prices seem ridiculous to me.

I read a little about the basic quote process for a custom cover. It seems you need to draw the smallest "box" possible which will encompass a free form pool, measure length and width of the box, and add 3 feet to each of the two measurements. This is not enough to build the cover but seems to be enough to get a quote. When I do this I get 45' x 31' = 1395 sq feet. We have standard unilock pavers around our pool and a stone coping. nothing is raised and we don't have any waterfall or water features.

Do these prices seem reasonable?

Obviously markets differ, but I was quoted just less,than $5,000 for my free form pool that does have one side 3 steps higher. That cost included the custom steps that had to be constructed in the cover.

Looking at your overall pool size I don't think I'm that much smaller.

I have a friend with one and they are great covers, but heck $7,500 is a lot of money.....

I have a 1200 square foot pool with a rock wall about thirty feet and a grotto eight feet wide and about five feet high. My best loop loc quote was 8100 for the mesh plus a free closing and opening wih chemicals. A meyco quite I got was similar. Other quotes were higher.

I have been pricing them too . Had a Loop Loc in old house then moved. Old house we had one and paid $975 for a basic 13x26 rectangle pool. Friend had oasis 14x28 paid $1550, three years ago. MY new pool at new house is 13x26 free form oasis , price NOW is $1900 Yikes!! priced with 4 dealers and all said same , prices went up. Im installing myself though so i can order it from whoever is cheapest . Im also looking at Merlin covers as they are same if not better quality then loop loc , $1600 for that one

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.