Gabe in AZ - new member

AZGabe

Aug 17, 2015
Mesa/AZ
Hi folks. I've been a pool owner for almost two years. I know a little but can definitely learn more. I've done the "pool school" from the local pool supply store an the rest I've learned from YouTube and just doing things myself. I look forward to learning more and helping others.

Gabe

Gabe,

Welcome to TFP.

We have our own methods which are firmly based on good scientific principals. Much of what you may have learned elsewhere may be incompatible or completely at odds with what is practiced here. We try to avoid mystery compounds and magic potions. The TFP method is to always know exactly what you are adding to your pool and why. Most of our reccomended pool supplies can be purchased at your local grocery store or hardware.

First you need to create a signature that contains all the information about your pool. You can see mine and others for example. This will allow others to better help you without having to ask the same questions over and over.

Next you need a really good test kit to know what is really going on in your pool. Pool Store testing is inconsistent and worth exactly what they charge (nothing). There are only two kits that work for this, and the best is the TF-100. If you don't have one of the two acceptable kits, you need to order one. (SpeedStir is a neat and very useful addition, while you are ordering)

While waiting for your new kit, you can spend your time reading, re reading, and studying our "Pool School". It the button at the upper right of this page. It will look intimidating and a bit overwhelming at first, but with a bit of study it will all fit together and begin to make sense. You also need to have a look at PoolMath, (also a button at the top of this page). It wil serve as your guide as to how much of what you need to add to the pool.

The purpose of this website is to make pool care easy, and pool ownership the joy it should be. There are many, many pool owners here who will happily testify to the fact that it works.

Welcome to the work of Trouble Free Pools.