Hayward Super Pump Clicking on and off (1st start up)

Aug 13, 2015
Vestal, NY
Hi,

I just installed a new Hayward super pump. It runs fine for about 20 seconds then it quickly clicks on and off every
second.

Im thinking it is a wiring issue. I do have the pump set to 220 as was the previous pump. However, I'm pretty sure
the wiring to the pump is screwed up.

On the previous pump it had the a bare copper ground wire not attached to anything. It was wound up and taped to the
outside of the wire and a a different color was used on the ground (white if I remember correctly without opening it back up).

I used the same set up. I'm thinking the bare copper wire they didn't use should go to the ground?

Thank you for your help!

Usually the pump issue you are describing is a motor set for 220volts and it is only getting 110 volts. The pump goes on and off constantly. Check the back of the motor plate as to the jumper settings and then check the voltage going to the motor and at the time clock or controller. Got a volt meter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.