Stenner Auto Chlorinator Questions

Re: Intermatic T100 Series Wiring - Controlling Stenner

That's what I'm considering now, but I want to make sure it only operates when the circulation pump is on....so I need to power the clock at all times, but only send power to the Stenner when the circulation pump is on AND the timer tells the Stenner to run.

That's what I really like about the dual electronic timer, one output controls the pool pump, the other output contols the fixed rate stenner pump, and you can set as many separate cycles as you need to in order to dose...plus no clicking to worry about from an adjustable model stenner.

On your ET1125CR dual timer: If you have a day where you need more chlorine (more time open in the sun, more people, etc), can you turn the Stenner on without changing the program (just override)? If so, will the timer turn the override off automatically at the next scheduled turn-off time, or do you have to manually turn it back off?

How involved is it to connect the stenner pump to the dual timer? I know if you use a separate timer that just plugs into the outlet and and pump plugs into that, but how do you "plug" the pump into the dual timer?

Re: Auto-feeder tank in direct sun

Stenner chemical container tanks are black to protect from UV but any plastic tank will technically protect from UV. There should be no concern for the location of your equipment. The Liquidator is a descent liquid feed system, but if you want professional quality stay with stenner

How involved is it to connect the stenner pump to the dual timer? I know if you use a separate timer that just plugs into the outlet and and pump plugs into that, but how do you "plug" the pump into the dual timer?

You can hard wire a plug to the timer and then plug Stenner to the plug. You can also hard wire the Stenner directly to the timer, but that will void Stenner warranty since you have to cut plug off.

On your ET1125CR dual timer: If you have a day where you need more chlorine (more time open in the sun, more people, etc), can you turn the Stenner on without changing the program (just override)? If so, will the timer turn the override off automatically at the next scheduled turn-off time, or do you have to manually turn it back off?

There are two manual over-ride on/off buttons on the ETC1125CR timer, one for each output. When I want to dose a little extra, I simply hit the on button and let it run for 10 or 15 minutes, then turn it back off off. The timer schedule isn't affected. I have not tried leaving the manual over-ride on through a scheduled session though. My guess is that over-ride means over-ride (it will stay on) until you turn it back off.

Thanks...I see a number of references online that the programs can be temporary of permanent override, so it seems like there's a way to do it....sounds like this may be a good timer for what I'm thinking of doing.

- - - Updated - - -

You can hard wire a plug to the timer and then plug Stenner to the plug. You can also hard wire the Stenner directly to the timer, but that will void Stenner warranty since you have to cut plug off.

I think this is what I would do so I can take the pump in for the winter. I'd also wire it in a way that the Stenner cannot turn on unless the circulation pump is on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.