Need help with saltron retro

I vacuumed pool this morning and then afterwards the flow was not turning on. I turned pool off open basket cleaned anything out (there wasn't anything) then put everything back and turned pool back on. Flow worked again but it just seemed a little weaker (I think). I tested water no all chemicals fine. But now saltron says low salt with "LO" blinking and the chlorine (I think) coming out of the saltron retro (it looks like a little cloud). I've seen the cloud thing before but now it's been producing it for about a 1/2 hour. The temp now is 81 (I know that in the past the reader said salt low because of low temperature). I'm just concerned now and probably stressing. My above ground pool is 12x20 and 4 ft deep (5,500 gallons). Should I stress?

Have you tested your salt levels, if so with which test and what were they?

My first guess is you need to add some salt or the cell is dying

This happened once before right after I opened the pool back in May. I was told to just lower the time of the generator (it's a 5hrs/day now) and once temps rise salt level will go back to normal. It did. It still says low salt now and the chlorinator is still pumping out chlorine (is that the little bubbles/cloud thing coming out of it?).

Could the cell be dying so quickly? This is our second summer with this pool (the pool too is new- we just but it last May, 2014)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, salt level was normal until I vacuumed the pool.

The flow from filter seems a little weaker (I think... Not too sure). The cloudiness by chlorinator is finished. It was just doing its cycle. I just never saw it do that before for so long. I prob saw the ending of s cycle. Now I'm just worried of low salt and weaker (?) flow. I'll check tonorrow. I just think that since its in 80s today the low temp is affecting the salt level. I'll check level tomorrow. It did this before she if was cooler in back in May.

Calcium build up in the cell between the electrode plates. That needs to be cleaned with diluted muriatic acid or vinegar. The owner's manual should have detailed instructions, this is a normal SWG maintenance task. Usually low temp does not affect the SWG sensors until the temp is in the 60s.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.