Lessons learned (the hard way)...starting over

Jul 24, 2015
Fort Worth, TX
Originally, we had constructed a 26'x14'x8" framed pad for our pool. Several loads of sand/dirt hauled in, spread, tamped down & leveled for the pool. Had lots of rain saturate the pad before we put the pool up. Apparently, our efforts weren't adequate...sprinklers soaked the pad on two sides and our U-leg supports sunk big time, making the water level too uneven to continue our hard plumbing project. We didn't think to take into account the affect of the weight of a full pool. So, pool has been drained & moved off the pad. Tomorrow, we tackle the re-leveling of the pad. As first time ABG pool owners, we have so much to learn. Just wish we had found TFP site sooner...:brickwall:

Your pool base needs to be set upon solid, undisturbed earth. Never try to build up with dirt and sand. As you can see, it doesn't work. Now you have to remove all that fill.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Now to get hubby on board with a different approach (digging vs. building up). For next year, we were wanting to put it in the ground about 24"-40" and build a deck around it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, at least you found us. :) Better late than never. Hopefully you can salvage the rest of your summer and have a nice swimming season.

I hope so, it's too dang hot in north Texas not to have a pool or access it one ;)

North, South, it's HOT! :sun: I'm about to boil eggs in my pool. Woo. Well, one thing at a time. Sweet-talk your hubby into leveling (down) to a sturdy base, keep him well hydrated :cheers:, and everything will work out. If you have any questions about the base, there are lots of threads on this site about that to include pics.

North, South, it's HOT! :sun: I'm about to boil eggs in my pool. Woo. Well, one thing at a time. Sweet-talk your hubby into leveling (down) to a sturdy base, keep him well hydrated :cheers:, and everything will work out. If you have any questions about the base, there are lots of threads on this site about that to include pics.

lol, our pool temps ranged from 90-94 degrees the short time we had it up. Next time it goes up, we will have a PVC fountain and perhaps a canopy sail shading half the pool. ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.