Pump starts and then no pressure at all

Aug 1, 2015
Gilbert
Hello all.

I cleaned out my basket and skimmer this afternoon and then did a 'quick start' on the pool pump to before I was going to jump in and take a swim.

Initially the aerator was throwing water and PSI on the filter gets to about 8 and then immediately loses suction. There is no suction at the host intake and the water line in the pump basket drops to below the intake.

It ran fine this morning during it's normal scheduled time, so not sure what could have changed. The pump basket is clean and I followed the instructions on how to clean the impeller and there was nothing clogging it.

I have filled the pump basket up with water several times and retried. The O ring on the pump basket lid looks fine and I don't feel any leaks.

I am hot and out of ideas.

Any direction would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

Hello and welcome to TFP. Any luck on your situation yet? Since this appears to be a new issue after shutting-down your pump to clean the skimmer basket, is there any chance perhaps when the system shut-down, that you may have a check valve back along the suction line towards the skimmer that may be stuck? No chance something back at the skimmer intake (weir flap maybe) is obstructing flow? Just grasping for straws here I know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.