Shock-level bleach and no way to move the water

PeteO

Jul 21, 2015
Austin, TX
I had just poured in enough bleach to bring my pool up to shock level, then while turning off the timers, the pump system broke. I am waiting for a callback from my repair guy, but in the meantime I am very concerned about what damage all that bleach will do if the water is not moving. Should I be concerned about this? Is there anything I can do until he gets here? What if I cannot get it repaired for several days? (FYI, I am a pool owner for only 2 months. I just joined TFP last week. It really helped me to understand the chemicals better & stay away from the pool store. I am not so good with the equipment yet.)

Brush it, brush it, brush it. But in this heat we've had, all that SLAM level bleach will burn off pretty quickly----- end of day probably. Got Test results for us? Welcome!

You'll be fine. :calm: As mentioned above, brush and stir everything manually. If your FC is below SLAM level and it's just bleach, you can hop in the as well! :swim: No problem. Just don't wear your finest swimwear is all - just in case. Hope your pump gets resolved soon. :) Oh ... and welcome to TFP! :wave:

Thanks so much everybody. That is a relief! The pump was running well while I was pouring and for at least another 5 minutes before pump broke. I did some brushing as well. Thanks for your help! I apologize my signature did not come through. I must have forgot to commit. It should work in the future.

Do you have a pool cover pump and access to electricity? If so, put the pump in the area you poured in the chlorine, and run a garden hose to the other end of the pool. You won't get any filtration, but the water will circulate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.